Cheesy Vegan Kale Chips
These cheesy kale chips are made using a dehydrator. They are easy to prepare, zero waste, vegan, and addictive!
Servings: 6 30 g. servings
- 1 cup vegan queso
- 4 qt. fresh kale, washed and loosely packed (approx. 1 bunch)
- 1½ cups raw cashews (soak in warm water for 2 or more hours)
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup sweet peppers (red, orange, or yellow), chopped
- 1 tsp. pink himalayan or sea salt
- 1 ancho chili
- 1 guajillo pepper
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
Cut or tear the kale leaves off the stems.
Wash the kale and spread on a tray with cloth towels to dry.
Prepare queso by adding all ingredients to a blender and just enough water to make a thick sauce (about ½-¾ cup). Please see my vegan queso post for more details.
In a 4-qt. or larger bowl, coat the damp kale with 1 cup of queso.
Lay the kale on the dehydrator trays as flat as possible with no overlapping pieces to ensure even drying.
Dehydrate kale at 135 for 4-5 hours or 125 for 6-7 hours or until the kale is completely dry to the touch and easily breaks.
Gently pull the kale off the trays and store in a sealed container. Should last up to a week if stored well.