Chickpea Salad Recipe
This chickpea salad recipe is vegan, zero waste, healthy, simple, and very easy to make. To make it taste like mock tuna simply add dulse.
Servings: 8 servings
2 quart Mixing Bowl
Measuring Cup and Spoons
Spoon or Spatula
- 2 cups chickpeas, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped (approx. 1-2 stalks)
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded (approx. 2 carrots)
- 1/3 cup green onions, chopped (approx. 2-3 stalks)
- 1/2 tsp. pink himalayan or sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper, ground
- 1/2 tsp. dill, dried
- 2-3 tbsp. dulse or kelp flakes (optional)
In a food processor, roughly chop the chickpeas. Transfer to a small mixing bowl.
Add the rest of the ingredients and mix.
(Optional) In a sealed container, let it sit in the fridge for about 1-2 hours before serving.
Serve immediately or after resting. Will keep in the fridge for about 4-6 days.
1 serving = 1/2 cup
If you do not have dulse, another seaweed or kelp will work as well.